Keeping tabs on my personal pet peeves and my asks of politicians in the 21st century. Based on what is going on elsewhere in the world and a work in progress.
Things to fund
- Subsidise retrofitting/green improvements on properties with an EPC lower than C
- Free school meals for every child that needs it
- Free child care for kids under 5
- Pay increase for anyone working in ‘essential services’
- Make local public transport completely free
- Electrify all public transport options
- Healthcare should be free, forever.
Things to change
- Renationalise essential services if they have been privatised
- Any street with a school becomes a School Street (partial closure to cars are drop-off/pick up times)
- Assess EV charging potential for every property in the country (its not always technically possible)
Things to ban
- Make it illegal to sell/rent a property that has an EPC below C.
- Ban all private cars in city centres
Loopholes to close
- Get rid of EPC exemptions
- Standardise waste services across the UK
- Make pay transparent for all jobs and industries
- Impose a ratio between median pay and CEO pay.
Ways to fund change